Thursday, April 17, 2008

Back on track...

Not that anyone would know this but I have been in somewhat of a rut lately. My running had become off and on and my creativity seemed blocked. For whatever reason, this morning I woke up with a new drive! It felt great!

Yesterday I was trying to figure out a specific organization issue in my spare room (treadmill and art projects). I worked on this issue for hours and to no avail. Last night at about 11:30pm, just as I was dozing off, it struck me! I figured out a solution...but of course I couldn't work on it, everyone was asleep. So that is my project today. With Billy Joel in the CD player, the animals (one dog and two cats) lazing around downstairs, and no one home until 4pm...the day is ALL MINE!! Usually my days are packed with errands whether they are mine or not. But this week is all for me! To tell the truth though...I miss working. I miss the interaction with other adults! Childish adults at that :). I had to quit my job (in December) after 8 years because my back was just getting too bad. I love being at home for my family, but I do miss work.

Well, that was short and very blah...but I must finish my project and have it clean before hubby gets home...nothing like living with an AR OC. That is another story for another day :)
Laugh daily! Its a great work out for the stomach!!

2 comments:

Mindy Widdowson said...

Chelsie-
I saw a comment that you left on Hillarie's Blog, and as all good bloggers would do...I linked on over! It was so fun to read your posts. I love the way you write. Keep it comin' girl! I would like to hear what your solution to the problem was and what is AR OC? Looking forward to more! :)
Love,
Mindy

Payne Family said...

Chelsie-

All I can say is "AMEN GIRL" to missing work. I know exactly what you mean about loving being home, but missing adult interaction and conversations. I think for me I will always want to work a little, and still be home too. I seem to be the happiest when I can make that happen. But I must say you sound like you are doing a great job at keeping busy!

Jen