Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Eighth Wonder of Washington State

The strangest thing happened yesterday! The morning started off normally enough. I put Coshell on the bus and went in the house to start my day. Halfway through breakfast there was a strange stream of light peeking through the window. I went out into the backyard and couldnt believe what the thermometer on the fence said. I looked up into the sky and there was a very large, very bright, ball of what seemed like fire! It was making my backyard hot...85 degrees to be exact. What could it possibly be? I wondered to myself if this had ever happened before. I turned the news on to see if they had anything to say about it and I couldnt believe my ears. They called it the SUN! I marveled at its wonder.

I decided to go to the park and play some basketball. It was just me, myself and I...so we couldnt really play one on one. Myself sat out for a game so Me and I played. We were going to play shirts and skins, but there was NO way I was going to take off my shirt, and I couldnt get Me to do it either so we just shot some hoops. I got bored after a while and decided to take the dog for a walk. I didnt think I was outside for that long but...

apparently I was.










THEN, on my way back to the house I found a black stripe on the sidewalk.





At first glance I thought it was a crack in the asphalt. But it was moving. When I got closer...

They were ants! It was actually amazing to see them all going back and forth in the same line. It reminded me of A Bug's Life. There were a few straglers away from the line and I swear I could hear them screaming "IM LOST, IM LOST".

Well, its chore time. Gabe do you remember chore time? Or otherwise known as Saturday. I thought I was going to get out of it once I was grown up and had my own house and family...but, aparently Mom had a secret meeting with Michael at some point. Its chore time. :(

3 comments:

Mindy Widdowson said...

hey chelsie-
please tell me that isn't the first of the sunshine for spring in the great state of Wa. You know....living things die with out the sun! I was so glad when I saw you had posted I needed a good laugh.
Love ya,
Mindy

Payne Family said...

Chelsie-
Great post! I forget how amazing it was just to see the sun and blue skies every now and then. I think we definitely take it for granted now. But there is something about that "ball" in the sky that makes you just want to get outside and DO SOMETHING! Props for going and playing hoops all by yourself. I guess you had "ME" and "I" along too, but it doesnt sound like they were much help. :)
Jen

Oportos said...

OK, I know the sun doesn't shine that often, but 86 was a little too warm for our hot box. I'm not complaining just sweating.
terra